Network Function Virtualization Introduction
This course covers detailed concepts of NFV (Network Function Virtualization), including its conceptual architecture as proposed by its Industry Specification Group ETSI, the description of all the components, orchestration alternatives and use cases.
For more information about WS-NFV1, please Contact Us.
Level of the course
- 3 to 5 days of duration (depending on the desired level of depth)
- Onsite Instructor
- Digital content (copy for each assistant)
- 50% theory, 50% hands-on
- WS-CLOUD2 course
- WS-SND2 course (recommended)
- Knowledge of the architecture of a telecommunications network or data center
- Experience in the design, deployment or operation of IP networks (L2/L3)
- Project Engineers
- Network/Cloud/IT Engineers & Managers
- Operation Engineers
- Consultants and Researchers
- Identify the concepts of NFV and architecture as proposed by ETSI.
- Understand the role of OpenStack as NFV VIM.
- Understand the operation of the NFV MANO layer in detail.
- Get to know the implementation alternatives proposed by the industry.
- Experimenting with Orchestrators and VNFs.
Module 1: Introduction, Architecture, Standards and Use Cases
- Introduction and Motivations
- Standardization in the ETSI
- Use cases
- Laboratory: Onboarding and deployment of a VNF
- Familiarization with a complete NFV environment
- Instantiation of my first VNF
Module 2: NFVI - Infrastructure NFV
- COTS Hardware
- Description of the Virtualization Layer
- Optimizations at the NFVI level (EPA)
- Laboratory: Interacting with an NFVI environment with KVM
- Installing KVM and launching a VM
- Interacting with EPA at hypervisor level
- Interacting with EPA at the data plane
Module 3: VIM - Virtual Infrastructure Manager
- OpenStack in NFV
- Laboratory: Instantiation of VNFs at the VIM level
- EPA optimizations at hypervisor level in OpenStack
- EPA optimization at the data plane in OpenStack
- Basic orchestration with OpenStack Heat
Module 4: NFV Orchestration
- The MANO Stack
- Virtual Network Functions (VNF) Management
- Network Services Management (NS)
- NFV Network Paths
- NFV MANO Open Implementations
- Laboratory: Managing the service life cycle with Open Source MANO
- Preparing the NFV-O and VNF-Manager
- NS/VNF Onboarding
- Launching NS/VNF
- Managing the life cycle of the VNFs
- Advanced functions: Autoscaling, Service Function Chaining, Network Slicing, and others (according to interest)
Training available on-site, provided in
Note: The content of the courses may vary without prior notice, in order to accommodate new content or incorporate feedback from attendees.