Introduction to Cloud, Programmable Networks and NetDevOps
This course covers the fundamental concepts of Software Defined Networks, Cloud, Network Function Virtualization and DevOps applied to networking. It includes network programmability, Cloud and OpenStack concepts, the SDN architecture validated by the Open Networking Foundation, the NFV architecture defined by ETSI, as well as automation issues and methodologies relevant to DevOps in networks of all kinds.
For more information about WS-INTR1, please Contact Us.
Level of the course
- 2 days of duration
- Onsite Instructor
- Digital content (copy for each assistant)
- 80% theory, 20% laboratory
Experience in the areas of marketing, design, deployment or operation of telecommunications services.
- Pre Sales Engineers
- Planning Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Networking/Cloud/IT Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Business Development Executives
- Project/Product Managers
- Networking/Cloud/IT Managers
- Consultants and Researchers
- Understand key virtualization and Cloud Computing (hyper-scalable) concepts.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of SDN and the architecture validated by ONF.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of NFV and the architecture proposed by ETSI.
- Know the relationship, key concepts, functions, and importance of DevOps for physical and virtual networks.
- Experiment with virtualized network components and programmability.
Module 1: Introduction
- Challenges of the industry in traditional networks
- Objectives of the new trends
- Open Source
- DevOps applied to networks
- General concepts
Module 2: Open Source Networking
- Introduction to Open Source Networking
- Most important open projects
- Foundations, Communities, and Events
- Adoption in the industry
Module 3: Scalable Cloud
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Base technologies
- Large implementations and developments
- OpenStack: the operating system of the Cloud
Module 4: SDN - Software Defined Networking
- SDN fundamental concepts
- SDN architecture: Controllers and APIs
- SB-APIs: OpenFlow, NETCONF, and others.
- SDN in the industry: Open Daylight, ONOS, and other controllers.
- SDN use cases
Module 5: NFV - Virtualization architecture of network functions
- Background of NFV
- ETSI NFV Architecture
- Virtualization of applications versus network functions
- NFV in the industry: ETSI OSM, ONAP and other projects.
- NFV use cases
Module 6: DevOps applied to Networks
- Defining DevOps and ‘NetDevOps’
- Relevant principles and practices
- NetDevOps tools
Module 7: Analysis of relevant use cases
- Hyper-scalable cloud and business models
- Segment Routing and OpenFlow: two flavors of SDN? Or a transition?
- SD-WAN versus MPLS VPN
- Building NFV, from simple to complex
- Automation in any type of network via NetDevOps concepts
Laboratory: Creating my first network with SDN / NFV
- Preparing the virtual infrastructure with Linux, OpenStack, and KVM
- Configuring virtualized network services
- Applying principles DevOps on the infrastructure
- Incorporating control of forwarding via software
Training available on-site, provided in
Note: The content of the courses may vary without prior notice, in order to accommodate new content or incorporate feedback from attendees.