Fundamentals of NetDevOps
This course covers the fundamentals concepts of NetDevOps. NetDevOps is the application of the of the DevOps concepts to the world of networks; a necessary step to adopt efficiently the new paradigm of technologies based on Software and Cloud, in the network.
For more information about WS-NDVOPS1, please Contact Us.
Level of the course
- 2 days of duration
- Onsite Instructor
- Digital content (copy for each assistant)
- 60% theory, 40% laboratory
- WS-INTR1 Course
- Knowledge of the architecture of the network in a telecommunications operator
- Knowledge of Linux at user level (command line)
- Knowledge of Networking (IP addressing, subnetworks, routing)
- Pre Sales Engineers
- Planning Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Network/Cloud/IT Engineers & Managers
- Operations Engineers
- Consultants and Researchers
- Understand the limitations of the current networking model.
- Get to know the methodologies used in the software industry.
- Understand what the APIs are and how they are used.
- Understand how to introduce “Network Automation”.
- Participate in demonstrations of the application of some of these tools in practical cases.
- Introduction to Network Scripting.
Module 1: Introduction
- Challenges of the current network operation
- The road to NetDevOps
- Industry examples
Module 2: Introduction to NetDevOps
- What is DevOps?
- Relationship between Lean, Agile and DevOps
- Comparison between DevOps and NetDevOps
- Implementing NetDevOps
- NetDevOps Tools
Module 3: Knowing NetDevOps tools
- Introduction to Version Control with Git
- Peer-Reviews with Gerrit
- CI / CD with Jenkins
- Laboratory: Version Control with Git
Module 4 - Network Programmability
- Basic Concepts
- Types of Network APIs
- Exploring Network APIs
- The NETCONF protocol
- Other Programmatic Interfaces
- Laboratory: Interacting with REST APIs
Module 5 - Python and Networks
- Programming Languages
- API Invocation in Python
- Netmiko: Commands for Networking
- NAPALM: Unified API for network devices
- NETCONF in Python
- Laboratory: Experimenting with Python
Module 6 - Network Modeling
- Network modeling concepts
- Laboratory: Configuring via NETCONF
Module 7 - Ansible
- Introduction to Ansible
- Ansible Architecture
- Ansible in Networking
- Laboratory: Configuring with Ansible
Training available on-site, provided in
Note: The content of the courses may vary without prior notice, in order to accommodate new content or incorporate feedback from attendees.