Software Defined Networks Engineering
This course dives into the technical concepts of SDN, including design, implementation, operation and troubleshooting of drivers and APIs. In addition, it prepares attendees for the OCSE (ONF Certified SDN Engineer) certification exam.
For more information about WS-SDN2, please Contact Us.
Level of the course
- 3 days of duration
- Onsite Instructor
- Digital content (copy for each assistant)
- 50% theory, 50% hands-on
- WS-SDN1 course
- Knowledge of the architecture of a telecommunications network or data center
- Experience in the design, deployment or operation of IP networks (L2/L3)
- Project Engineers
- Network/Cloud/IT Engineers & Managers
- Operation Engineers
- Consultants and Researchers
- Study in depth the concepts of SDN.
- Get to know OpenFlow protocol messaging and other SB-APIs like PCEP and BGP-LS.
- Get to know the design concepts of SDN and architecture components.
- Get familiar with strategies and migration considerations regarding SDN deployment.
- Understand how to configure, monitor and test SDN.
- Mechanisms to secure the SDN controller and devices.
- Future developments in SDN.
Module 1: Reviewing basic concepts
- Introduction to SDN
- SDN Architecture
- Programmatic Interfaces in SDN
- SDN Controllers
- SDN Equipment
Module 2: Network Control via OpenFlow
- Essential concepts
- State of the Art
- Laboratory 1: Applying SDN via OpenFlow
Module 3: Network Control via SDN Overlay
- Base protocols
- SDN Overlay with Open vSwitch
- Laboratory 2: Applying SDN via Overlay
Module 4: SDN solutions in the market
- Open Hardware (Switches)
- Network Operating Systems (NOS)
- Complete Solutions (Switch + NOS + Controle)
- Laboratory 3: OVS & VXLAN
Module 5: Control SDN traditional networks
- Introduction and Base Protocols (PCEP, BGP-LS, Segment Routing)
- Operation of SDN in traditional networks
- SDN support in traditional networks
- Laboratory 4: Applying SDN in traditional networks
Module 6: Implementing SDN
- Architecture of SDN Controllers
- High availability
Module 7: Future of SDN
- Evolution of OpenFlow
- Future of open source initiatives
Training available on-site, provided in
Note: The content of the courses may vary without prior notice, in order to accommodate new content or incorporate feedback from attendees.